Through the eyes of love...

Ever since Kau'i first approached me in early April to take photos of her 'Ohana - I was sooo excited. So finally, on a radiant Sunday evening in July - we met up with the Rezentes 'Ohana to capture some heart moments. Which also happened to be the day after two very special birthdays ... KAU'I (??rd) & AVA'S (6TH)!! Hau'oli la Hanau!! May God continue to bless you with much love, joy & good health!

I entitled this session as "Through the eyes of love", because Pipi & Kau'i's daughter, Ava, is living with a condition called, Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Type I (SMAI). She is congnitively aware, but has no movement. This condition affects all of her voluntary muscle movement. Therefore she needs a vent to breathe. One thing that she can control is her eyes... and when I was able to connect with her - it was so intensely beautiful.

I know your heart will be touched through these images - as mine was.
Be in Peace... ENJOY!

Meet beautiful, Ava :)




Now, introducing the Rezentes 'Ohana, Pipi, Kau'i & Ava...








THE TWO BIRTHDAY GIRLS!!! WOOT WOOT!


The love of a daddy...



Pipi is always a character! This was him lovin' on a coconut tree! LOL


Just like her daddy... making a fishy face for me :)


We made time to capture images of these two love birds ...



These two kept me cracking up - the whole shoot!



Thank you, Rezentes 'Ohana for choosing La'akea Event Designs, LLC to capture your heart moments... ALSO, special shout outs to Aunty Gail who was such a huge support throughout the shoot.

BTW - this was our FIRST official shoot as an LLC!! WOOT WOOT!!